Far too many people ignore foot problems. It could be that they do not realize that their painful feet could be a sign of a much larger issue. A problem with your feet can make you stressed and irritable. It can even cause you serious health problems in other places in your body. You should never neglect your feet. If you notice a problem, it is imperative to see a foot doctor on the South Side of Chicago right away.
Do Not Ignore These Common Foot Issues
- If your feet swell or you experience numbness, that could be cause for concern. There are any number of reasons for the symptoms, including a broken bone, sprain, tendonitis, or infection. Swelling and numbness with a burning or tingling sensation could be a sign of nerve damage. People with diabetes are particularly prone to that.
- Have you noticed corns or very thick calluses? The underlying cause of those may mean that you are now walking differently, or the structure of your foot as changed and is now causing bunions and hammer toes, planters warts, and even worse issues.
- Do you notice that your heels crack and/or bleed? Of course, keeping them moist with lotion can help with the issue, but with time you can become susceptible to infection.
- If you have an ingrown toenail, you should see a foot doctor to have it treated. Ingrown toenails can place you at risk for an infection and the need for surgical intervention.
- If you have found that the pain in your feet is keeping you from performing your everyday activities, there could be a serious issue. You should never ignore lasting pain in your feet.
At Mitchell Foot & Ankle, Dr. Mitchell has been treating foot and ankle issues from Achilles and poor circulation to warts and wounds for more than 10 years. To know more information visit http://www.hydeparkfootdoctor.com/.